Tuesday 27 November 2012

A New Glow


Every girl's fear: the A word.
Let's not mention the full word in this entire article except this once: Acne.!

Regardless of the fact that this is a Fashion blog, I will write an article on something that possibly changed my "visage" FOR(hoping)EVER!

Food restrictions, scrubs, masks...where & when does it all end?

My goal is to NOT sound like a beauty commercial but to explain why these following products should truly be part of every girl's beauty basket in her powder room!

CLARISONIC

You must be telling yourself: "another so-called cure..", right?

I have been using certain products for a few years now that I do not wish to mention their name in case any of you are using it and is actually helping you. 
Remember, all of our faces react a certain way to creams. It can be good as it can also be bad.
This all depending what kind of skin we have. 
P.s: always make sure to consult a cosmetician before purchasing your new product.


So, where was I? Yes, the part where I completely gave up on my products and dietary regime.
Every woman knows her system. For instance, I know that my skin reacts very poorly to certain makeup brands and foods.
Up until a few weeks ago, I would always have red spots here & there...some uncomfortable pimples that would appear after I would over indulge in a cheese platter or some delicious white chocolate. 
That was until I started noticing it was getting worse. Way worse.
Those so called tiny red spots were taking over my cheeks but in a very painful way. 
Of course, like any other woman, I started panicking.
I refused to visit the dermatologist just yet. Fine, I hate meds.
So I stuck to the natural cures.
I.E: honey masks, hot steamed water, cucumbers, etc.
911 ! IT WASN'T HELPING.
It was then when I finally decided to visit Sephora.
I kept hearing about this Clarisonic machine but never really knew its purpose.

I spoke to a cosmetician in the facial product's department and she automatically suggested this magical product.
Magical and SIMPLE.

A cleansing brush!
All I need to do is apply my gel cleanser as I always do when I wash my face and then run the Clarisonic over it once I apply it all over my face.
The basic Clarisonic runs on one speed for a minute. 
You should usually apply it for 6-10 seconds on both cheeks and 15 seconds on your forehead and chin.
It will dig deeper than your regular wash and will eliminate all spots after a couple of weeks. You need to give it a chance of course. You may not see the result at first. The first week I started using it, my skin was getting extremely red. That's just because it digs inside and cleanses your layers of skin so all unnecessary "residue" can come out. That is the point...right?
Wait and see :)

This fabulous product is sold at Sephora and comes in various different colours!

I can truly say that it has been helping me so far, considering what I've gone through. I am not a big "commercial" believer which is why I felt the need to blog about a product I can finally say is worth buying.

But that's not all...

I figured, I want to save my skin, right?
I need the right creams as well...

So I was being annoying, yet again and asked for assistance.
This time for the..."after-cure".

As mentioned previously, I was so stubborn throughout these past few years & refused to search elsewhere for facial products.
I kept thinking it was my own bad habits that led me to my "poor skin".
WRONG.
Remember, not all products are suitable for everyone.

So what was my problem!?
I have skin that is neither oily or dry.
Therefore, gives me the result of a Combination.

And so I heard... Kate Somerville.
I think of it as a FOUR step procedure for ONE result.

1- CLEANSER
( I use this gel cleanser with my Clarisonic!!)
Daily detox cleanser that is essential in your daily life.
Use twice a day (AM&PM).
Apply a small amount to a wet face and neck.
Massage gently for 30 seconds.
Rinse in warm water.

2- SCRUB
A unique exfoliator with a bit of lavender base.
Targets blemishes and prevents breakouts. 
Use 1-2 times a week.
Apply a think & even layer to a clean, wet face and massage it for 30 seconds before rinsing it after a minute.
Rinse with warm water.

3-EDADIKATE ACNE TREATMENT
A concealer that helps clear up pimples & reduces redness.
Use once daily, as soon as blemishes are noticed.
Dip clean cotton swab into bottle and softly dab on the spot.
Do not shake your bottle.
Cleanse your skin afterwards and gently pat dry.

4-MOISTURIZER
Oil free moisturizer
Use twice a day. Apply a think & even layer on the face & neck.



I personally do believe that every woman (and man too, btw) should take care of their skin by nourishing it with proper products and homemade nutriments as well.

Remember ladies, it is important to stick to your product once you know it is the one suited for you. 
Constantly changing facial scrubs, creams, moisturizers, etc can seriously damage your skin.

Glance at the following websites where you can find all of the products above.



Never let your skin down.
You can change your clothes and accessorize your outfits, but your face remains with you!



JKal -xo







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post! I've been wanting to get that brush!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete