Wednesday 3 April 2013

Eight question marks


Hello readers, 

Over the past few weeks, JKal's Vintage Affair expanded drastically (3 digits following on GFC & over 1,700 followers on Facebook)! I cannot express enough how heart warming that feeling has been and still is.

As the amount of views and likes were expanding, many of my followers approached me and were curious about a few things that led to the community I now have today.

My goal behind the words and pictures I share with you on a weekly basis is to enhance your knowledge on personality. I see Fashion as art, and one can only interpret art on his own. Here are some answers to frequent questions that have been asked:




1. Why did you decide to create a blog?
Ironically, I got inspired to create my page in the middle of my favourite season: Fall 2012. As time was passing & as I was constantly hunting down my next favourite Fall accessory, it suddenly dawned on me that I wanted to share the meaning of Fashion and personal style. Putting an outfit together, taking a picture of it, instagramming it & getting likes from your close friends didn't quite seal the deal for me. I wanted it to be more than that. I wanted to start wording my ideas.

2. Why JKal's Vintage Affair?
I get this a lot. "Jay-Kal" simply translates into my initials (Josipa Kalinic). Ever since I can remember, I was mesmerized by all things Vintage. I will always pick a Fashion Book over the weekly magazine that's sold on the corner of the street. Why? Icons & History inspire me more than influences...
& Affair?...is how I see Fashion.
= JKal's Vintage Affair

3. What/Who inspires you?
My ultimate idol and inspiration is Gabrielle Coco Chanel. Just to be clear, I admire the person. Some might take me and see me as the typical twenty something year old girl who admires Chanel's brand. False. I admire the hard work Gabrielle has put into her empire and how she ruled the Fashion world. This woman is a blend of Vintage, Fashion, Feminism and Elegance to my eyes. Her quotes are forever meaningful and her taste in life will forever mark my influence.

4. How do you work?
My MacBook Air was one of the greatest purchases I ever made. I call it my life saviour. Other than that, I often like to work at home, surrounded by my own little personal things that inspire me. I will always work with Indie music on, a cup of tea & venture into some inspiring article ideas. I also like to discover new coffee shops that possibly sell my favourite desert...(macaroons) and settle there for a couple of hours.

5. What will you be focusing on?
I always like to test my strengths and weaknesses. Now that I've focused on general articles that can more or less relate to all followers, I will try to venture into my own world. With the purchase of my new Nikon camera, I am considering maybe Street Style? Style Analysis? Stay tuned and find out...

6. Favourite brands?
Very hard to tell. I go with whatever I see and what I like. Some brands are stronger in certain seasons than others. I stick to my taste and style rather than staying loyal to certain brands. I love to mix high end with inexpensive pieces. It just makes a great & original statement. I also try to stick with certain brands that are still underground.

7. How would you explain your style?
It varies with the mood I am in. Sounds corny, but true. I will always mix classical items in a blend of modernity. I am not myself without accessories and a bag. Sometimes I'll overdo it in colour and others in layering...According to my beliefs, a woman should always stay elegant. Now it is up to her to define the word elegance.

8. What advice can you give to your followers?
It's always nice to follow the latest trends and style. It is important to include that in your own version and not live in a trend's shadow. You will learn to appreciate yourself more knowing you make your own rules. Remember, Yves Saint-Laurent once said: "Fashion fades, Style remains."
Keep that in mind.


Dress You. Stay You. 

JKal -xo.


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your success! It was nice to read about the how, the where, the when, and most important the why behind your blog, as your regular visitor it was something worth reading. Looking forward to the thousand+ GCF and million+ facebook fans!

    Kisses!
    xx
    http://microfashionology.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I love Your look baby doll! You are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear,
    Thanks for the message on my blog. I really like yours, so I'm following!
    Hope you follow back :D

    Nice outfit, love the style.
    xo,
    Ame.
    www.ameonamission.com

    ReplyDelete