Sunday 7 April 2013

Friendship

Hello to all,

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Reason why I'm already verbalizing the weekend as the past is due to the horrifying weather we currently have in rainy Montreal. This no longer counts as the weekend...

Besides that, I certainly enjoyed the beautiful sunshine we had this weekend (while it lasted). My sunshine wasn't only up in the sky but the great company I was surrounded with this past weekend. My best friend and I decided to surprise our other best friend two hundred kilometres away. When us girls get really chatty the iPhone conversation "à trois" just isn't enough.
So we decided it was time for a coffee date...In the capital city.


As we strolled around Parliament Hill, the mall and a couple of coffee shops for hours and hours, we realized how important friendship is throughout our random conversations. There's something else I love: to be able to talk about anything and everything. I can finally relate to the famous quote I've been hearing my entire life: "You can count your friends on one hand". People often get mistaken with the word friendship.



Friendship is not something you develop in a couple of hours at a party, a school class or work breaks. A friendship is just as important as maintaining a good relationship with your partner. 
It takes lots' of love, caring, presence and understanding to be able to call a certain someone your best friend.


I am fortunate enough to have two great stones in my life (among others) that have been holding my hand for the past two decades of my life.  In the end, what I'm trying to really say is to hold on to your close friends and make sure to keep them in your life forever.

As my fictional idol, Carrie Bradshaw, once said: "Life happens when you're busy making other plans."...Share them with those you love.

Overall...what a FAB weekend!
                                                                    JKal-xo.

2 comments: